Stuff

Saturday 25 June 2011

Finished uni and got a job in the industry! Life is moving

So, i snagged a character artist job at Just Add Water LTD here in the UK, i've been there a few months now and i'm enjoying every minute. Super psyched to have landed my first job at such a cool studio, everyone is really friendly and we're actually working on cool IP which is something i was not expecting.

Something i've always found difficult is disciplining myself to make art on a regular basis. In the past my tendancy has been to have bursts of very heavy duty arting for maybe a month or more, but then i'd usually have a dry spell where i'd do nothing for 2-3 months. Really bad way to get better i know, 1 step forwards, 2 steps back. Since starting at JAW though i've been pumping out art non stop for 3 months and i can already feel a massive growth in my art, and it's only set to continue. Loving it.

Anyways, i finished uni and made the best go of the concept car thing, i had started full time at the job while i was trying to work on this though, so i was pretty burnt out on it and just wanted it over quickly. I think it's good enough for what it is, not stellar, but alright.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8PY2KD9klY

Youtube blocks this in some countries cause of the music, which is awesome. If it won't play then whatevs.

With the job now i'm feeling pretty tired by the time i get home so making personal art is the last thing on my mind, but i'm gonna have a shot at forcing myself to get some personal stuff done for myself. We'll see how that goes.

No comments: